Thursday, April 3, 2014

10/23/13

This week has obviously been crazyyyyyyyy. I moved. So this new Apartment is INCREDABLE- well...... kinda Hahaha It’s on the Top Floor (8th) and has a balcony where you can see all of Italy IS SO COOOLL!!!!!! but like..... It doesn’t have a shower really Hahaha It has tile floor and then you like hang a shower curtain... and then get in it and "shower" but it has the water pressure of like a straw Hahaha. It’s great.
The train ride here only cost $50.... LAMEEEEEEE Hahahaha but it was SO BEAUTIFUL! I basically saw all of North Italy will all its crazy huge Vineyard and crazy hills and mountains it’s so cool!
Florence is INCREDABLE! Picture perfect Italy- Thin windy roads with hecka old buildings- so fabulous. My companion told me they have had 2 mini earthquakes here soooo hopefull i missed them all and we just kinda have crazy long lasting lightning storms that make the lights flicker and light up the entire apartment at night bahaha Life is pretty cool

The stores here are SO PORTLAND hahaha Small with not much inside. Actually I went into the grocery store the other day and ya know what I saw? The head of pigs. Just sitting there with their eyes sewed shut and fuzy and ya. That’s a thing. You best believe I gagged. A WHOLE lot. Sick.
The accent here is suppperrrrrrrrrr weird.
FOR EXAMPLE: Say Coca Cola. ...... ok so they pronounce it Hoha Hola. Lol I would give another example but it’s all Italian and I am trying to get better at separating the two. Lol It’s like really breathy and weird sounding Hahaha I try.
The branch-ish thing here is super cool and what do you know my first Sunday here I was called to be the Young Women’s First Counselor ahahahaha Which I guess is a big deal cause usually I would be the president but one of the members can do it now! Hahaha So Every other week I teach young women’s and the off weeks I teach Gospel Principles! Hahaha Its really great, I rather that then the spontaneous talks in church Hahaha FUN!!!

So that’s a little about Life in Florence!
I have noticed my knees are all jacked up and ya know why? Cause we pray all the time!!! Hahaha I asked my collega about it and she just laughed and just said "Well that’s what happens when you pray all day" hahaha Yay missionary work!
Anyway I am very much learning more and more Happiness is such a choice and you cant depend on the circumstances around you to just lift you up cause that’s just not always gunna be super great- but choosing to be happy and recognizing all the crap in the world but not dwelling there, makes all the difference!

FUNNY STORIES!!!!!! 
1) okkk so Guess who rides a bike now? THIS GIRL. Innnnn a skirt. And Dresses..... Lol... So that’s fun kinda- not really hahahaha I flash people all day long and I am trying to like be comfortable with it but I can’t ever see that happening Hahaha Also We look like idiots wearing helmets cause NOBODY wears a helmet in Italy EVER hahaha SO you can always tell who the missionaries are. Also Lets think now how long it’s been since I have ridden a bike...... It’s up in the 5-6 years range ok? hahaha And back then, those were like good bikes... on pavement. HERE NOT SO MUCH. We have old screechy bikes that sound like 100 nails on a chalkboard when you stop hahahahaha ANDDDDD on cobblestone roads so just imagine now hahaha Ok ME- In a skirt- Helmet- on a bike- on cobblestone basically hoping up and down.... that’s a good time EVERYDAY ALL DAY hahahaha ALSO, to get to the church we have to ride on the HIGHWAY with BIKES and our bikes are like KINDOF BIKES so my first day here we like hop on and just join the mob of cars through roundabouts ON A HIGHWAY! Ohhhhmygosh. hahahahaha My confidence on a bike is NOT SUPER STRONG cause the second day or something we were riding on this stupid thin path and what do you know- My  bike like dies on me and swerves left and I run into A STONE WALL. Sooooo My whole left side is bruised. It’s pretty wonderful. The bleeding stopped. Bahahahha AHHHHH Its amazing I am alive. But don’t worry mom, God is on my side!.... Right??? Just  not my Left side.... Next time I will try to swerve to the right.

2) Men are still creepy here and more forward in fact so now I carry around chastity pamphlets and when they approach me I give them a Chastity pamphlet and ask them to be baptized... it basically has the same effect as pepper spray. :) I am learning tricks people!!!!

3) We taught a lesson the other day to a man named Bebe. Aka (baybay)...... Guess how serious I could stay in THAT lesson. "And Behbeh, I know (laughing) That Joseph Smith is a prophet  (laughing) of God and that (Laughing) His church has been restored." It was really awkward.


4) A lady we meet with had her phone go off  in a lesson and she is like... 180 years old hahaha and it was a Rihanna ENGLISH song "Want you to make me feel, like I’m the only girl in the world!!!! Like I’m the only one....." Bahahaha Ya that was a good time. It suits her well.


I miss you all a ton and I love you too much! I CANNOT WAIT TO SKYPE and see all your beautiful faces. LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!!!!!!

I am one lucky girl to be here in Italy and to have the Family I do!!! LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment