Thursday, April 3, 2014

01/08/14

HI FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Quick email this week!!!
First of all- I am alive!!! YAY!!!!!
Transfers happen tomorrow and Sorella Strong and I am Staying here covering Florence and we are sooooooo excited! Yesterday we got 5 new investigators and really- we are having so much fun. Don’t get me wrong its work- but it’s so fun.
Remember that one time when we were told to never talk to strangers- ya thats ALL we do. And I love it.

hahaha Ok story about just our day yesterday which is pretty much a summary of what we do every day ahaha
We were at the Train Station (basically looks like the Hillsboro Airport) and I am buying more bus tickets and this man comes up to us and asks us "Why do you believe in God?" So my first thought is- uhhhhhh Why DON’T you believe in God? And then for about the next 20 minutes we tell him about the Book of Mormon and How everything denotes there is a God. He told us we should just start believing in ourselves cause FOR SURE we are real. Anyway. We talk more to this man and he is from Lavia Thus speaks Lavian... Ya I don’t speak that. And we asked him if we could bring him a Book of Mormon and he says, "ya I live here in the piazza" Ok so where he told us is a park..... So Tonight we are bringing a Book of Mormon to a man who literally lives under a bridge. I’m excited. Right in the middle of this train station we asked him to pray with us and ask God if he is real- So there we were! In the middle of the Train Station, and prayed. Can’t wait to see what happens tonight.
THEN we go and we try to find a couple people who used to take lessons a hundred years ago and we couldn’t find them so we  start talking to this man at the bus stop. Literally one of the best experiences I have ever had. He just listened to us! That’s it! He asked the right questions! He said we could come teach him and his wife! He gave us His number! AND THEN He let us pray with him ON THE BUS. Yeah. That was awesome. I am SO excited to see where he goes.
THEN we went to the other side of Florence to find this couple we had met when we tried Caroling (totally works) and they let us come into their apartment and we taught them about the Restoration and they want to read the Book of Mormon and we asked them ,"Can we visit you again next Sunday?" And they said "Can’t you come sooner?" bahahaha I LOVE THEM! So Now we have 5 new investigators and we just couldn’t be more excited. Obviously the first guys we will pass to the Elders cause Sisters don’t teach un-married men. NOPE. and the whole Bridge thing seems complicated..... Hahahaha

This Sunday was also very interesting.... Fast and testimony meetings here and always THE BEST but this week it kinda turned into confessionals for all the youth.... I am sure they were strengthened by each other..... I just felt awkward.

I GOT MY BOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX TOTAL MIRICLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO SO OS SO SO SO SOS OS O SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!! I love it!!!!! Especially the home made box that had dads name written ALL over it with super glue just to top it off. It was a nice touch. After I finally got it opened (So small task mind you) I WAS SO HAPPY!!!!!! I LOVE the Pictures and the Thanksgiving notes the best :))))))))) SO FUN!!!!!  The Burts Bees, the Calendar, All the cute clothes (Which I am wearing right now) CANDY (Nothing like American candy) SO MUCH FUN. I can’t thank you enough. It really did save my sanity since I can’t shop anymore. Lol



Today we are going to Centro aka Downtown and eating at The Hard Rock Cafe Florence :D SO FUN! Then touring Duomo anddddddddd yeah! Remember that one time when I left for my mission saying I would buy a bag for my stuff when i got there? Well it’s been 10 months now and I might ACTUALLY buy a bag. With that money I don’t have. It’s gunna be great. Hahaha

I love you all so much!!! I will hear from you soon! Make good choices!!! Don’t forget about me!!! I haven’t been gone that long... RIGHT??? I will be home in less time than I have been out soooooooo NO PROBLEMO.

I Love you!!!!

-Sorella Holloway

No comments:

Post a Comment