Wednesday, April 30, 2014

04/30/14 - 16 more weeks to go!!!


 . Hey speaking of talks about the Book of Mormon-I finished the Book of Mormon in Italian last week!!! In Only took me MY ENTIRE MISSION hahahahaah But I am finishing up the Pearl of Great Price now and am about halfway through D&C. I am doing that whole read a section of the D&C once a day for the last 138 days of your mission- It’s really fun!

Speaking of countdowns- 12 DAYS TILL SKYPE TIME. EEEEPPPPPPPPPPPP WE HAVE A PAPER CHAIN and ever morning for comp study we rip one off..... Hahahaha It’s quite exciting. 

SO story of the ward activity! Was probably one of the most stressful things I have ever had to do hahahaha basically we had about 50 investigators there and like.... 8 members... So MISSING THE POINT OF A BBQ hahhaha Anyway its over and everyone that came had a good time and the anziani invited some Gypsys so that was quite an experience Hahaha It was fun but i am soooooo glad it’s over. 

Before I forget- Next week we have a conference in Verona and it’s on Wednesday so NO EMAIL till Thursday. Soooooo yeah. P-day is moved. :) Don’t forget and go into panic that I’m dead. I’m probably not. :) So yeah we have an area 70 coming and The Church Historian! (snow I believe) So it should be quite fun! 

Last night was one of the best days EVERRRRRR we went to a members house and she is from Ghana and holly cow. We walk into her home and it’s just this one room and we all sit together and we hear her stories about how she found the church and how she got here in Italy and she is SOOOO AWESOME. She was going to fly home this year but her daughter is having another baby so she is putting it off another year so she can send her daughter money every month. I think she will be translated. She has all this pictures taped up and she is just so happy and content with the smallest things. I learned sooo much from her. When we left all she should say was "You Have freed me from this cage!  you have set me free" hahaha :) I was to be this sister when I grow up. The word Need is very precious and I really have learned the definition on NEED on the mission. I am such a charmed life and I had no idea how charmed my life really was, but man. I have it wayyy easy- No right to complain about ANYTHING. Life is freaking bliss. I hope you can meet her one day!!!!

On Tuesday we went with these AWESOME investigators and they took us to a Convention-fair thing! And wwowwwwww I ate SOOOOO GOOOD. It may sound weird but I was drinking Balsamic vinegar by the spoonfuls. They had some aged 12-25 years and I was just drinking it hhahaha SO YUMMY hahaha  and they had loafs of bread bigger than me and  I got a lamb sandwich hahaha was wayyyy yummy just everything!!!!! I sampled so many good things I don’t even know  where to start hahaha

On monday though ahahahahaha We did NOT eat good- It POURED like no ones business and it took us 3 hours biking just to get to the other side of town, so we stopped somewhere to eat to try Tugelli and nochi which is something we had never tried before - but its Modenese soooooooo- Have to try it right? We figured it was a type of pasta so we got half and half of one plate and then order a "Napoli" pizza to split just in case it was bad. 
(WARNING: Don’t think I am crazy when I say split a pizza- pizza here is cracker thin and you eat a whole pizza and it is equal to 2 pieces.. I swear)
Sooooooo we wait and we are super embarrassed because this place is sooooooo full and we are soaking wet and shaking cause we are so freezing and they come out with it hahahahaha 
Ok well Tigelle is NOT pasta haha It’s like mini pancakes hahah like really thin English muffins and the nochi were good, but like a bready puff that you put Nutella on hahaha So that surprised us. Cause we were thinking it was going to be drool-fantastic..... and they bring out miniature flat and hard pancakes as their delicacy ahahahaGoooshhhhhhh
So we think- okay good thing we got a pizza and they come out with the pizza and what does it have on it? Anchovies. -____- yeah I don’t do that. Aint NOBODY DO THAT. So we tried taking it off- impossible. There was nasty fish hair all over that pizza and was COVERED in salt. Hahaha Horrible. We left really disappointed and $11 poor-er. 
THENNNNN that night we go over to a members house and she made us rice with a bucket load of canned shrimp in it, with what my companion likes to call "Poop Shoots" still attached. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Good times good times... Hahahaha

hahahaahah I also had interview with President Dibb- I passed! And I am allowed to continue to be a missionary. YAY ME! 

Favorite quote of the week "Joseph Smith never would have survived in Italy" hahahaha Yeahhhh a member told us that while she was giving us Mafia history haahaha Good times. 

I love you Forever and Holloways! hahaha get it? It’s quite clever. Hahaha 
I WILL SEE YOU IN 12 DAYS!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment