Thursday, April 3, 2014

03/12/14

HEY-YO FAMILY!!!!!!!
It’s been a pretty great- packed- interesting week Hahaha

The first thing I got to tell you guys, is that I am so proud of myself. I have joyfully eat tomatoes and cheese I still can’t eat plain but I EAT IT and so it’s a big deal! ALSO this week we moved in and so members have been inviting us to go do things with them and so we just say yes to everything. Hahaha Well....... Ok so on March 8th there is a holiday just for women. So The Relief Society took a huge group out to eat. Well we get there and what do you know- Its sushi. Everything Sushi......
Ok I don’t like any seafood- and sushi I had never tried. Well let me tell you I have never eaten so much seafood in my life. I ate raw Crab, Salmon, Squid, Shrimp YES RAW and then round two was it fried... mildly better, Then just to top it off I ate Raw fish eggs. Yes I did. Here’s the deal- Its was an "all you can eat" sushi place which everyone got (yes I gave into the crowd) and they just have you raise your hand if you wanted it. Well in my mind I was like "Alright- if I am gunna try sushi, I am gunna TRYY sushi full out. " Well I went hardcore and ate all that raw business like Plates of it- none of this tasting business and I did so good!!!!! BUTTT THENNNN I got to the fish eggs, and My first huge bite I started chewing and yeah.... There went my gag reflex and I ran to bathroom and threw up everyyythingggggg. Thus I tried it all twice. -____- SO embarrassing. The whole group was laughing at me and they were all like "You tried soooo harddddd"-___- Then literally a pregnant lady walked in behind me and said "MY TURN" hahaha Ohhhh the humiliation. On the bright side they like me now so I have friends? Hahaha
Then the next night, members invited us over and what do you know they start feeding us!!!!! (Usually Blissful) But in Italy that means like 6 rounds.... Soooooo They went easy on us and brought in down to 3 courses and the first round was LITERALLY Pasta and Shrimp. A whole bowl of it. So big. Like bigger then my face and I SWEAR there is more shrimp then pasta- so I die inside and eat it knowing I had just thrown ALLLL this up the day before and we get through the night and I just throw it all up when we get home.
CONCLUSION: I have not broken into Seafood yet. I am trying so hard but I just can’t make it. :( Please don’t go out to Seafood for your Birthday mom- It’s not worth it.

Speaking of Success- My Companion in addicted to popcorn and we go through like a bag a week. :) POPCORN like at least 3 times a week.

Another funny thing that happened was yesterday we went to go visit the Bishop andddd haahahaha He bought us pepper spray. Our apartment has a bar underneath it and we see prostitutes out our window (We have started naming them) THUS we told our bishop and he bought us protection. Haven’t practiced using it yet but hey that’s what companions are for right?? Hahaha KIDDING!

The work here is picking up- We actually have lessons set up but a lot of the time we just walk the streets and try to stop people- it’s pretty fun!
Right now we are teaching a lady and she is really sweet but right now her work is... Well.... She works for this married man as his Mistress if you will. So she doesn't want to come to church cause she knows it’s wrong, but this has been her work for the past 9 years so she doesn't feel like she can give it up since he pays for her 4 kids and all their bills. SO INCREDIBLY SAD. So that’s our investigator right new :) She is super nice :)

I love you guys so much!!! I love being in Modena- and don’t worry, life is so good!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!!!!

-Sorella holloway!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment