Wednesday, July 9, 2014

07/09/14 - 6 weeks left!!!


Hey Family!!! 
Yeah- Next month I am coming home! At this point I don’t really feel like it’s real. I feel like for sure I will be released but the whole going back to America thing hasn’t really occurred to me yet. Hahaha I just feel like I am about to get kicked out of the club. :( But other than that I feel all good about life. I don’t have any regrets ... yet? Hahahaha 
Uhhh so yeah it’s freaking hot and I am going to die. I wake up pretty much on the dot every morning at like 2:36 just sweating and I have to go shower -___-  I think we are at a rate of 3 showers a day? Yeah. Hahahaha Then yesterday it POURED rain. POUURRED And we had an appointment that is about a 35 minute bike right so we were sooo muddy and socked when we got there- as soon as we started the lesson- rain stopped- the SECOND we started to leave- it poured. -___-  Grrrr. But whatever. It’s either mud or sweat so gross either way. 
WE HAD A BAPTISM and it went sooo good! I think the best part is we kinda just thought there would only be like 6 people there but actually a tonnnnn of people came and we were sooo happy that our members came to support us! Now when I say a ton I mean like... 25 which is FREAKING GREAT for us. YES we did wear our African Dresses but we didn’t wear the headpieces in the chapel cause we figured it was a little irreverent hahaha But it was awesome- I will send pictures!!!
I got to sing at the baptism How Great Thou Art- a little in English and a little in Italian and it was sooo fun. I freaking loved it. I miss singing so much! FUN FACT I have become totally obsessed with song writing and Drawing on my mission. Weird right?? I like draw stuff and then frame it.. and then like... give it to people... So that’s a new random thing I do... Hahaha And the whole song writing thing- I have like an albums worth of stuff I need to get recorded when I get home. YAY! It’s really fun. Who would have thought?
I am glad everyone has fully dived into summer!! On the fourth of July I made my Poor German Companion suffer though me sing every American song I could think of from all 4 verses of the anthem- to "Proud to be an American" - to Surfing USA Hahaha It was really fun- Then that day we went to this place called "Porta Aperta" and we gave food to everybody who didn’t have money to buy it and it was soooooo fun! Although I will say I found some very appalling things as well. There was a huge bin of baby food and I found canned "Cavallo e Coniglio" Which means Horse and Rabbit..... Don’t you worry. I took a picture. Kendra and Jenna- please don’t ever ever ever feed your babies these things. It’s wrong. 
This week has also been a week of FABULOUS food. I ate Papawankaina Which is Peruvian food= FREAKING BOMB. It’s just a yellow sauce you put over potatoes and its spicy and creamy it’s to die for- and then we tried this Italian trend to Wrap Cantaloupe in Raw ham- Yeah. SUPER YUMMY. Hahahaha The texture is weird at first but the after taste is seriously sooo good. I could eat it all day. Not to mention my popcorn addiction is back in full force. Like errrrydayyyyy Hahaha 
One of the Anziani here put on my flash drive the "Living Scriptures" And My companion and I are OBSESSED hahaha We watch one a day at least right before bed- its our new favorite series.... aka We have a problem hahaha We are both Reading the Book of Mormon and the New Testament (I am reading in Italian) so we watch the matching films. IT’S GREAT. Hahaha 
Ok also- Sacrament meet aka Fast and Testimony meeting was freaking HILARIOUS this week. We have this lady who gets up about 15 minutes from the end of every sacrament meeting and stands under the pulpit and waves goodbye to everyone, and that’s usually pretty great anyway but this week we also had just hilarious stories told over the pulpit- it was probably the most awkward meeting ever. Confessions GALOR! hahaha Gotta love it. 
Anyway I love you guys so much and I am so excited to see yall SO SOON!!!!! Not that I am counting down- But I totally am :) LOVE YOU!!!
-Sorella Holloway

 

 

 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment