Tuesday, August 5, 2014

07/30/14 - 3 MORE WEEKS!!!!!!!!!


FAMILY!!!! Alright so I basically started weeping at Stephen and Amanda's wedding invite- HOLY FREAKING CUTENESS!!!!!!!! I am sooooo in love with it!!!!! I am printing as we speak. 
Hahaha That’s so funny that people keep saying "That went by so fast" HA!!!! False. Days are long, weeks are short but man 18 months is a long time! Hahah Don’t get me wrong I love every second of it but it sure as HECK has not been fast. Lol
hahah I super hope Kate learns to not poke the babies eyes out... hahaha Also dragging a baby by the feet- nottttt super Ideal. But didn’t Jenna drag Stephen around? I feel like this might just be Carma. Hahaha KIDDING!
This week it has been raining so bad- so officially all the shoes I own are ruined hahah So I am hoping to buy a pair today to last me the next month. I am really hoping I have shoes at home. Which brings me to another point- are my boxes in the attic? cause I will probably need those. I plan on bringing very little clothing-wise home. Especially shoes. HA! None of those are gunna make it hahaha I have 4 pair and they ALLL have holes on the bottom. I really thought that was a mission joke- it’s definitely  not hahaha
Yesterday we had the coolest miracle EVERRRR And we met these two people who’s number was given to us as a referral, and we go over there and they are these two Nigerian women (seems to be a trend these days) and we teach the whole restauration and I asked them to be baptized on August 30 and they were both like "YES!" Hahaha So funny. They speak Benin which means in English they speak to us in pigeon but man it was sooo cool. They were telling us that they had both been baptized but they said "The man who baptize me. He know Nothin. He no Know me. He no know my sin- because he sinnah!! He no have Authority. That baptism was Rubish. Rubish!!" And this my dear family is why my English is fading. If I speak English I either speak British English or African Pigeon- take your pick.  
So that was a huge highlight- and also I learned how to cook Empanadas Yesterday which are freaking great so basically whoever I marry is one lucky guy cause I cook like a champ. Collecting recipes was the best advice evaaaaaaa
Side note: The other day I ate Ferrari pizza..... That means there was normal cheese with raw ham on it and then balsamic vinegar poured over the top... Wasn’t that bad- but extremely strange. Our ward mission leader bought it for me- What a Gem. 
This Sunday was really sad because the members are all leaving for vacations so they have all starting leaving and they are being soooo sweet and giving me little notes and gifts and then I just cry cause I love them so much EEEP!! But I am too the point that i am like- ready to stop saying goodbye hahah I have been saying it for wayyy too long so it will be nice to come home to be on the happy side of things. :) 
So about our New-Convert- she is doing great :) We ate with her last week- she is a very good cook- African Style :) She says she has to make us fufu soon and then I was like NONONONONONO That’s ok!!!!! hahah So I am going to teach how to make Pizza and Lasagna instead. Much safer :) We also taught her how to make cake and she was THRILLED! Hahaha I had never seen someone so happy!!! Hahaha This last Monday we went with her to the hospital (To translate for her)  because right after her baptism she was told she might have a brain tumor, But we went and it is actually just defect in one of her arteries that causes aneurisms and hemorrhages so next week she is getting surgery :( SO as long as that doesn’t get rescheduled, that’s where we will be aLOT next week. She has a three year old and a 6 year old so just pray for her. We are asking help from our members but a week is a long time for a mom with 5 kids all living at home. 
Other than that we have INCREDABLE investigators (yes, plural) and we love them! We have like, 4 people making progress maybe 5 and are working towards baptism. One problem we have here is that a couple of our investigators are Prostitutes because there is no work here, and it gets to the point where they have to stop and lose their house to be baptized-- and they are super nervous about it because they don’t know what to do- I mean all we can do is teach them and they kinda have to fix the other things but MAN I wish I could just help them more. If that isn’t hell, I don’t know what is especially when they have kids- Pray for them!!
I love you all so much and I can’t wait to see you!!!!! ITS SOO SOON!!!!! EEEEPP!!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment