Wednesday, August 14, 2013

08/14/13


I LOVE MY FAMILY!!!!!!!!
I am super jealous you are all going to Education week :( This is my first time in....... 6 years I am not going.... yikes. Lol Don’t worry I am still getting spiritually uplifted... cause I am a missionary... Lol



HEY GUESS WHAT!!!! This Friday is my 150th day!!!! Happy day for me!!!!!! hahaha SO FUN!!!

Ok so just a little insight into my life right now- I live in Italy. I teach all day in Italian. I have 5 investigators right now working/waiting to be baptized. My comp and I are the best of Friends. It’s Super hot. We are planning to get like 6 more bab dates set this week. It’s MADNESSS. I love it. but that’s my life right now in a couple sentences.

Being on a mission is very hard. Being a missionary is even harder. I just have to remember to laugh every day and its allll gooooood.

Milano is just weird I have noticed. We meet people from everywhere and we kinda have to just speak in all languages. Porteguese, Spanish, Italian, Tri, ALOT of french, A LOT Sinhala, Bangla, English, Chinese and A LOT of Tagolig. Half the time we go to lessons having NO IDEA what language we will be teaching in. Literally there are always at least 6 very likely options. The only accents we can ever really pic up are when they are from Africa- then we bring Books of Mormon in like Tri, French, English, Italian, and Sinhal. Let’s just say I have a VERY STRONG testimony of the gift of tongues. Hahaha Thank goodness this church is true or there would be no way that I could just communicate with random people who speak a random language- but there i am!!! Talking to someone speaking and saying WHO KNOWS WHAT!!!! Hahahaha The church is true.

Funny Story: Popcorn. First of all I have gotten my companion addicted to popcorn. Yay. And I REALLLYYYYYY hate Olive oil. And we were out of our normal stuff so I had to use it. Its in and on EVERYTHING here. So gross. But we had nothing else so I was like fine- I will use it. Well the popcorn smelt and tasted like Olive oil. Oh holy gross. So three days  later I try again. So I just put a litttttttle bit in the pot and put of stove on WAY too low and what do you know?? I BURNT ALL OF MY PRECIOUS KERNALS and it was like the last of the bag too cause I go through like a bag a week. wahhhhhhh. Almost sent the smoke detector off. Ruined the pot. Scrubbed it for over an hour. Good. Day.

I LOVEEEEEEEEEE it here. The ward is so great and I love everything. How’s about family trip to Italy for Rome Temple dedication. Ok? Ok great. I can’t explain how excited everyone is for this temple. Sorella Santoro was telling us that all while she was growing up her family and wards and stake have been fasting for a temple and when it was announced- I mean you might as well have told them it was the Second coming tomorrow. Incredible. there are pictures of it everywhere- just I can’t even imagine. All of these families take their family vacation to the temple every year and just chill in Switzerland to be near the temple. MAN I MISS THE TEMPLE. I even miss having the OPTION to go to the temple. It’s just crazy. I can’t wait to go back.

I hope everyone is doing good. I love you all!!!! Soak up that Oregon Rain for me cause my word I need it. Today was the first day I have felt wind in months it feels like :( Lovelovelovelove you

Sorella Holloway

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment