Wednesday, June 26, 2013


Well Well Well We meet again my favorite day of the week. EMAIL DAY WHOOP WHOOP!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Uhhhh that sounds like a hecka cool conference that no we did not get to see. Hahaha that was at like midnight our time nor did anyone hear about this. So GOOD TO KNOW!!!!! Man that will be super cool! Our Mission President just came in this week and I meet him sometime within the next 2 weeks and we will see what changes are being made. I doubt Italy is high up on that list to get all that technology stuff... just cause it takes us like a month to even get More Books of mormon...... Sooooo..... Mayeb NEXT transfer I will see some effects of that. But Yeah WAYYY COOOLL. We probably won’t be staying at the church to do tours here because our church is in a pretty sketchy area. Lol For example- next door there is a like garden type thing that this man owns and he frequently like to Tan with his friends there. In Speedos. Awesome. Not exactly a spirit-Inviting environment or somewhere they will have Sorelle Missionaries just chill waiting to give tours. BUT WHO KNOWS. I bet the Anzioni could do it! Hahaha we have given a few tours to investigators here and every Thursday we teach Italian and English (Ironic I will be teaching Italian? yes.) so we give mini tours then as well. 

 

So cool that Tim is at Sonic HOLLA!!! Yeah I know how he feels. But Yeah Good luck on the placement test! That sounds kinda crazy hard... maybe the idea of taking a test seems kinda scary to me since I feel like the stupidest person in the world hahahaha learning a language is HECKA hard- If someone asked me to take a test right now I would throw a tomato at them. Grrrrr. GOOD LUCK TIM. ROCK IT. 

 

Ok can we just take a moment and freak out that Kendra is having A BABY BOY????????????!!!!!! It was the first email that opened and all I saw was this little hand and all four of the sorelle missionaries here just started bawling hahaha we were all like EEEEEEPPP ITS A BOY!!!!!!! I just couldn’t be more excited to come home!!!!!!!!!! I come home to a nephew AND a niece it’s just....... CRAZY. I am just too happy- I can’t handle it. Any names sticking out. I vote Mario or Luigi or Alessandro..... Lol jk. Please don’t. 

 

Ok so this week has been fabulous yay!  We had a baptism last Friday and she has a son who is baptized already and it was probably the sweetest thing I have ever seen. Just a little background, she is an ex- communicated member and has been meeting with missionaries for two-ish years and like 2 weeks ago she told us she wanted to be baptized again. So of course we freaked out- we are so happy for her!!! So we got everything set up and the day of the baptism comes and she rushes into the church all excited and she just can’t help smiling and shaking everyone’s hand and calling everyone and the time comes :) and she gets in the font- while her son who is about 10 sits right up front on the floor ready to watch his mom get baptized-, and she gets baptized :) right after she came up she just looked at him and like all time FROZE. They just stared at each other and it was the most powerful thing I have ever seen- Can you imagine being a 10 year old and watching your mom finally get baptized after years of working with the missionaries? Incredible that she could do that for HER and her son. I run back to help her with a towel and everything. And she walks up the steps into the dressing room just soaking wet and just stops and starts bawling. She was just saying "Sono felice mottto motto felice" Just over and over just weeping. She couldn’t comprehend how all the guilt and everything was just gone. So beautiful. 

Hop on over to Sunday at church- Now think how This women feels, her and her son sit by themselves every week cause she is embarrassed she can’t take the sacrament- but THIS Sunday  for the first time in years she gets to take the sacrament. So we come in and she is sitting with her friend’s just smiling and of course I was shocked! Hahaha It was so different. So then the sacrament comes around, and I can’t take my eyes off her cause I know how monumental this is for her- and she looks at the bread and she reaches up to take it and her arm is just shaking- and she takes it :D then AGAIN she looks at her son who also takes it and they just have another moment where time Freezes. Just mother and Son smiling at each other. I wish I had a picture of those moments to show you guys because I can’t explain it well enough. GA. Monumental. I felt like I was the one who got baptized or something hahahaha 

 

Ok second story: We have a ward list that we are going through and we decided to go try and find this lady Juliet who is on our ward list but hasn’t been to church in years.  So we have a few lessons this day and it’s time to go find her. YAY! So we ring the bell and she says "Chi'è?" and we tell her that we are the missionaries from the church... which she is a member of!! Hahaha And she mumbles a little and then buzzes us in hahaha soooo we head up a little worried of how this is going to turn out cause we get yelled at and stuff so we knock on the door and she cracks it open and we just pretend like we are her BEST FRIENDS cause we do NOT want her to yell or get mad or hate us or anything haha so we are just like "HI!!!!!! How are you??????? Can we just sing a song real quick and we will leave you alone?!" Hahaha we had decided to sing a hymn to Juliet cause "Dove trovar Potro Pace e Conforto" had been stuck in our head ALL DAY. aka Where can I turn for Peace....... So she HESITANTLY lets us in and we do like everything in our power to get her talking- and she finally just starts talking a little ... so we are like ok cool lets sing. So we are singing this song- and she starts crying. In our heads we are thinking YAY SHE FEELS THE SPIRIT!!!!! And so we finish the song and we look at her and we are ask "What are you feeling?" .. and she goes on to tell us that 4 Months ago, her daughter, who has children of her own- had committed suicide. My companion and I just look at each other like WHATTTTT we had NO IDEA , we didn’t even know who this women was- she showed us the rest of the apartment where her daughter had been living and the room was left untouched- then she takes us to the balcony (she is on the 4th floor of an apartment) and we look down at the round where she had planted a heart in flowers so she could always remember her daughter. SHEESH this poor women needed help bad, she was SOOOOOooo sad and so now we are meeting with her two more times this week- It moments like that when I am SO grateful to be a missionary. If we didn’t come, who would have been there for her? Now when we meet with her she is all kisses and hugs and smiley- so I am just SO grateful to be here :)

 

Funny Story of the Week: Ok soooo just like in America- People order Pizza here hahaha So Sorella Durfee and I had this GRAND idea of ordering ourselves a $5 pizza COOL. So we get out the phone not thinking much of it and we grab one of the little pamphlets with pizza on it so we could order. So we call the number and asked of the delivered- nope. So we call like 4 more numbers and they finally say YES!!!! So we go YAY! haha and then they ask "What do you want?" Wellllllll crap I didn’t think that far so in Italian we try attempting to explain what we want on our pizza... HORRIBLE so we suffer through that hahaha and like 10 minutes later when we think we have made our point.... they ask us "Where do you live" WELL CRAP! Hahaha I don’t know!!!!! So we start scrambling to find a pass along card right? Cause we have a million and a half of those. Well NEWSFLASH that’s not the right address either. It’s a pass-along card. With the CHURCHS address NOT our apartment address durdurdur so we kinda just make up an address of what we knew and LUCKILY they knew where we were talking about. Yay. 

So we think it’s over right? NOPE. We still have to pay hahahaha so he finally comes and asks us to buzz him in- well shoot, I don’t know how! So we just push all the buttons- opening the gate for the cars AND for people walking AND for the scala...... awkward. He gets in and calls AGAIN and at this point we are like I don’t even want the pizza anymore this is just too much effort hahaha and we just give up and meet him outside and pay and leave a tip which apparently is NOT A THING here in Italia. -____- So we go upstairs. Pizza. Finally. Hahahaha I open my box ........ AND THERE ARE FRENCH FRIES ON MY PIZZA. LIKE A BUTT LOAD. hahahaha They gave my Americani Pizza......... Jerks. making fun of me hahahahahahahahaha let’s be honest I deserved it. hahahahaha 

For Future Reference: When Ordering Pizza... you need 1) The Phone Number of a place that Delivers 2) Know what you want 3) Know  your address 4)  Know how to open the door

Just so ya know. There are my words of advice for this week. Lol

 

I love yall. 

The church is true. Obviously.

Sorella Holloway.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment