Friday, June 14, 2013


EEEEEEP I LOVE WENDSDAYS!!!!!!! I think I say that every week but it is so true.  I like sit at the computer and read up and then bawl my eyes out at the pictures from everybody and then I wallow in self-pity that I am so far away.... and then I get over it and write back :) hahaha This week has been so hard!!! I know Father’s day is coming up this Sunday and I just stinking miss you guys!!!!! The Homesick monster got me this week wahhhhhhhhhh But DAD HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!!!!! Hope its bomb-diggity even though you won’t be with mama. Make sure Jay and Ben celebrate too since they are new Daddies too: D EEEPPP!!!!

Also its stinking annoying that no one has gotten my letters. -____- I have to pay 2 STINKING DOLLARS for every stamp and so THEY BETTER GET THERE. Seriously.... 2 dollars for a stamp.... How is that a thing? Is it really putting them out of their way to carry my piece of paper over the water? Really? REALLY?!

Anyway. Olivia Huskey is leaving on her mission in 22 days so if that’s not a big deal I don’t know what is.

Also Does Kendra know if she is having a boy or girl yet? Cause I defiantly sent her a card as if she was having a girl cause by the time she gets this card her baby will probably already by 3 months old.. so I just took a guess and went with it.

ALRIGHTYYYYYY So this week was by far the coolest week I have had here in Italy YAYYYY So many miracles this week.

FIRST STORY: Last P-Day we had a goal of getting 4 new phone numbers aka 4 new Potential investigators. So we had gotten 3 throughout the day and we were like 40 feet from the apartment and we saw a man walking our way and I look at Durfee and I say ,"There he is. that’s number four. " So we walk up to him and strike up a not so casual conversation about God hahaha So of course it starts to sprinkle and I KNOW he is going to use this as an excuse to walk away so I straight up start threatening the sky in my mind just thinking "Ya know what?? YOU can wait. We are getting this guys number and as SOON as he starts giving us him number THEN you can rain. and pour. bring out the thunder and lightning I don’t care but YOU CAN WAIT a freaking five minutes" So then it stops sprinkling and I was like oh good we got lucky haha so we keep talking to this guy And we ask him if it would be possible to meet another time to talk about the Book of Mormon. He is wishy washy and then like shrugs and say "Perche non??" Haha So we pull out our planners and ask for his number and AS SOON as he says the very first number it starts to rain... and by the time he finishes his number ITS POURING so we all run away and we get 40 feet to our apartment and we hear thunder Hahahaha COOLEST THING EVER. You guys- As missionaries, you have authority to stop and control the rain. SAHHHHHWWWEEEETTTTT!!!! Hahaha So cool. haha But yeah we were soaked. Not the first time this has happened to us either.... It randomly pours here all the time. Annoying.

SECOND STORY: We met this lady on the street the other day and she wanted a Book of Mormon... Uhhh... Yeah we can do that, so she comes to the lesson and she brings her daughter too.. OH HECK YES. Those are always the BEST People when they bring other people they want to learn with. Then we finish that lesson and head to our next lesson with a new convert from the Philippines and she is on the phone and she says to us "I have two friends coming- I want you to teach them" Haha YAY! So she tricked her friends into coming and both were somewhat open with us but I started talking about McDonalds and the really closed one TOTALLY opened up... McDonalds here myyyy worddddd...... SO ridiculous.... have I told the story of McDonalds? Probably not... Basically we asked this lady on the street where the best place to eat was (I mean we are in Italy... everything is good we have high expectations) and she Says McDonalds.... OH HECK NO. We try to explain that we aren’t really fans and she then tries to convince us for the next HALF HOUR why we need to start eating there.... we finally run away and we ask TWO MORE PEOPLE and they both say McDonalds. WHAT IS THIS. Anyway..... dumb. Kebap is the only way to go. Droooolll.

THIRD STORY: So our mission president asked us all to start teaching more meno-ativas so we asked Vescivo for some names and he gave us a list and we chose to go see this lady named Angel. So we go find this lady and what do you know, she had moved and her phone number had expired. Fabulous. So we wanted to reach our goal of 6 lesson in one day so I look at my companion and I say " ya wanna get another lesson?" and she says "Heck yeah" So I start doing some Casa (uhh tracking I think? like for apartments so you have to push the buttons to get buzzed in?) and my companion buzzes like the eighth one and the buzzer goes "chi é?" And she starts the whole "Ciao! Siamo Missionari per la Chiesa di Gesu Cristo dei Santi degli Ultimi Giorni!" Now usually this is where people cut ya off and say " NON INTRESANTE!!!" But this lady goes "SI SI SI SI!!!!" She buzzes us in hahaha So we are like ok well this is the first time this has every happened in the history of mankind hahaha So we get up like the million stairs and she is standing there with the door opened inviting us in. COOL. She was smoking and had about 8 cats and 4 dog. MMMmm. Just my type uh' Lady. So using our super good judgment we walk right in like nobody’s business and she goes on to tell us that She had been baptized 4 years ago, but stopped going cause she felt unworthy cause she got addicted to smoking again and the missionaries that taught her had gone home. Guess what her name was? ANGEL. now NOTTT the Angel we had come to see, but a different meno-ativa angel. Coolest thing ever. We are now seeing her once a week and helping her quit. Yeahhhhh we called the mission president for that one cause it was so cool cause we had been praying ALL day to be able to find this Meno-ativa named Angel and we did!!! But he was just sneaky about it. Moral of the story: Use first AND last names when praying.....

FOURTH STORY: Best one yet. We set three baptismal dates in one day. WHOOP WHOOP!!!!!! That’s not normal by ANY means for Milano. Like ever. So NOW we have six people getting ready for baptism and we started with none :) So 1 is from Canada (Female, 22), 1 is from Egypt (Male, 45ish), 1 is from the Philippines(Male, 35ish), 1 is from Peru (Female, 45ish) and 2 are from West Africa (in their 20s) :) So it looks like we will have a baptism here every week in July, so PRAY THEY ALL PULL THROUGH!!!!!!!!! Also we have a baptism this Saturday for an ex-communicated member that we have been working with so we are SUPER happy for her for getting ready and making the huge jump back to the church.

On a less awesome note- I got sick this week so I have been apartment bound for three days BUT today I walked all the way to the church to do email (Aint Nothin stoppin me from email) and we did grocery shopping. YAY ME! But for the past two days I have not been able to put my face on and put clothes on so I am working my way back to health again. Uhhhhh I should also mention I am Gluten free again.... I tried just taking in easy on the pasta and stuff but yeahhhhhhhh that’s not working out too well for me. So I give up. Gluten Free it is. BUTTTTTTT I got some test results back from the MTC and they say I DO NOT have celiac disease! hahaha Not super surprising but the doctor  there was convinced I did. Boom I don’t. So I am meeting with the nurse sometime this week and getting the rest of the results and they have a Doctor in Germany that will explain the rest to me. YAY!!! But yeah.... no more Gluten. It’s killing me. -___-

Also transfers are today and I am staying in MILANO!!!!!! Holy Joy to the World. I have no idea what that conference thing is that you are talking about..... but if there really isn’t church that day Italy missed the memo. ORRRRR My companion and I just missed the memo. I don’t know if you remember this part but we don’t actually speak Italian all that great.... we just smile and nod during announcements....... But PLEASE do inform me when you do find out. That kind of sounds like a big deal.

Yeah mom I was thinking for Father’s day you should give every Father a life size statue of themselves, really make em feel all special, but OF COURSE still have homemade cinnamon rolls.... -____- Sees candy Chocolate bar. BASTA.

 

That mouse story is straight up NASTY. I can’t believe he just caught one with his bare hand. Sciffo. bleck. That’s not sanitary EWWWWWWWWWW

but very kind of him I suppose....

Thanks for keeping me updated with everyone- Love you guys tons! Especially while I am sick I just kinda look at pictures of yall and wallow in self-pity... :( WAH ohhhhh cute story: My companion is the best and bought me popcorn and I like ate all three bags in 2 second flat. :( Wahhh.

ok I almost forgot my funny story for this week hahahaha Ok I KNOWWWW I said I would stop telling you my kissing stories but this one was just too awkward. Hahaha Ok So one of our baptismal dates came to meet with us and he comes in to give me a handshake and I KNOW this is where I am supposed to give him the stiff arm.... so I brace myself and go to shake his hand and he start pulling me in so I straighten my arm to avoid the cheek kiss thing and so I straighten my arm THUS straight out punch him in the side AND WE STILL BACI. I am the world’s most awkward person. -___- So I Baci-ed a West African and then to just top it off he goes to my companion who has MASTERED the stiff arm and tells him we don’t baci. cool..... -___- Worlds most awkward award goes to me. Pray for me. Lol

Love yall.

Peace and Blessings.

yayyyyyyyyyyy

Sorella Holloway :)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment