Wednesday, June 5, 2013


I LOVE MY FAMILY.

You guys are the best. :)

Ok so first thing is first- Jenna-called you.... because there is no such thing as face-calling someone... so for future reference Hahaha

Second- I am worried for the reputation I am getting back home THUS no more kissing stories haha Basically everyday someone goes in to kiss my face and then you do the awkward  I DON’T KNOW WHICH WAY TO GO FIRST SO WE FOR REALS ALMOST JUST KISSED panic moment but I am learning the technique and am learning how to "stiff-arm" people. Cause you shake people hands and then they pull ya in for the face-shot BUT if you make your arm straight and stiff they can’t reach your face! It’s amazing!!! I get to practice a lot so I will learn. Haha Yeah tell Paul I can’t get used to kissing girls all the time, and I don’t think I had that big of a bubble to start with sooooo I don’t know how other missionaries do it.

I can’t wait to come home and see Kate and Mini Jaydra babies. I know babies look like their parents but to have babies look like my siblings is straight up CRAYCRAY. So excited. Hahaha But from what i can tell Kate is looking a TON like Ben!!!! Hahaha

Uhhh Shopping here is impossible for me. I either find things, like shoes, for $99 a pair or $10 a pair.... soooo I went with the cheap ones and just got three pairs and just rotate every day. They will hold up for like... 3 more transfers. But I still think its worth it. More shoes. Dur. Clothes are decent priced but I haven’t needed anything yet. It’s getting HECKA HOTTT which is just lovely because within 18 months, I might actually turn a shade of white to MAYBE a cream normal human being color... but that’s just a hope. Pray for me. I mean with all the cigarette smoke I breath a day, it probably amounts to AT LEAST 2 cigs a day- so if I am gunna get lung cancer, Why not throw skin cancer in there to? Meh. DON’T EVEN CUR.

OK This week was the usual AWESOME.

During Parko (aka tracking.. at a park... thus the PARKo...) we contacted 2 prostitutes... that was fun. They weren’t interested. Can’t  imagine why. OHOHOHOH Last week we got 3 new Simpatizzanti EEP! We haven’t gotten a single new person the whole time I have been here so it’s a huge deal. Tomorrow we have four lessons planned ALL with new potentials so tomorrow we are hoping for FOUR new simpatizzanti!!! SO COOL!!! I don’t know what happened butttttttt this is super crazy. Pray they all follow through!!! We also had a Zone ... something. Io non so MA I got to see President e Sorella Wolfgramm which is always SUPER awesome. I GOT TO SEE WINKY AND ERVIN. Aka my ladies in my MTC district- so that was fantastico. We had a Scambia and a Blitz... and I don’t know what either of those are in English so just pretend like ya know and smile and nod hahaha basically we switched comps for a day. VERY full week.

Ok so this morning we went to a TAI CHI class because on our scabia last week we contacted this man who said he taught class so he handed us a flyer... and then I gave him a pass-along card hahah so we did an awkward switch but we knew we had to go find him so all four of us went to this class and we got 2 numbers from there so that’s great! Haha So our whole day is basically Chinese themed- got some Tai Chi lessons then went and got some Chinese town food and shopping done... btw..... at this place they had duck tongue, pig tongue, pig ear, jelly fish, octopus, ... uh... yeah all nastiness. I stuck with classy chicken- ok that’s a lie I tried some unidentifiable meat that we guessed was duck... that’s normal right? all we know is it wasn’t chicken, cow, or pork... yikes now that I am writing about it I am slowing realizing that’s pretty sketchy..

FUNNY STORY OF THE WEEK: uhhhh Ok so on our Blitz I was with another Sorella and we are going along this street just talking to whomever and this lady in a blue sweater in her 50s grabs my arm and asks "Do you take donations?" (Obviously in Italian. She thought we were nuns asking for donations for God) so I said "Non non non! Siamo missionare per La Chiesa di Gesu Cristo dei Santi Degli Ultimi Giorni! Conosce Mormoni?..." She cuts me off and start walking away after putting her hand in my face and says " Nonononononon intresata Jahova witnesses" so my companion just yells after her and says "We are JWS! We are the Mormons!!!!" So she looks back at us, thinking maybe we WERE catholic, and then sees the tag again and just walks away. So we just go along our merry way and she is 7 or 8 feet in front of us (Remember we were the ones walking- she stopped ME) and she starts talking to us over her shoulder.. well neither of us can understand cause she is too far ahead so we try to catch up and she just starts YELLING like "these people are following me!! They won’t leave me alone!!!" Then as if that wasn’t awkward enough she starts stopping GROUPS of people in front of us and telling them we are crazy and are basically verbally abusing her! So then we have the joy to walk past these people all checking us out up and down judging us - it was great. So obviously we just stop in our tracts and wait for her to walk further away... the thing is she keeps stopping people and telling them we are following her soooooo yeah. We got SUPER shunned hahaha we took a different route and we get some gelato cause we feel sorry for ourselves and let’s be honest, Gelato fixes everything, and we continue on our merry way. Guess what Happens next. SHE POPS OUT FROM NOWHERE RIGHT IN FRONT OF US! So we basically run away so maybe SOMEONE will listen to us today and we ended up taking AT LEAST a 10 mile hike home cause the street we ran down ended up bringing us to Wonderland. Basically GLORIOUS. Ahhhhh I will remember that lady in the blue sweater. I don’t think I have ever been so afraid of a woman in her late 50s..... Strange

Anyway that’s my life! Always busy, always fun, always random things happening hahaha Thank you everybody for keeping me updated- I LOVE email time :))))) Letters always good too:) Lots of love from Italy!!!!

Also I have been reading in 3 Nephi... Dudes... Have you read that lately? Probably not cause its after Alma and nobody knows what after Alma. Yall should read in 3 Nephi. Incredible. It says in the intro to the BOM its the crowning event in Libro di Mormon but we all know the story of Nephi way better..... PERCHE???

LOVE YOU GUYS!

Ps. I am sending Stephen a Wife from Italy. Because she is Awesome. I must email him immediately. 

Sorella Holloway

 

One more thing- I think dad will appreciate this... Gas here is 1.60 EURO for 1 liter.... yikes..... That’s supa bad. Thus the mini cars. That rumor about Italy is 100% accurate bytheway. I would feel confident in saying if I got hit by a car here it would probably do more damage to the car then me...

No comments:

Post a Comment