Thursday, March 28, 2013


This is Sarah's first official e-mail :)

   Alright so I love it here in the MTC its wayyyy too much fun :)
    Here is an overview of what my first week has been like- Everyone I talk with, only speaks Italian which is super..... stressful. But we are not talking English anymore and Italian is how we communicate EVERYTHING which makes meals hilarious cause everyone is talking in differant languages. So its way fun!!
   My District is super nice and fun so we generally keep it light-hearted until class where I basically die since my teacher was mis-informed... I DON'T SPEAK ITALIAN haha Yet I have yet to hear him speak in English. Sooooooo I am learning Italian in Italian... whaaaa
I guess thats how the church is pushing people out of here so fast. I already pray, teach, and speak in Italian so if thats not the gift of toungues I don't know what is. trust me there were some serious study sessions and tears and prayers this week.

   More fun facts:
-I am in the second wave of people to ever learn a language in 4 weeks- so I am an experiment I gather? Lucky me.
-I am in the largest group to ever be sent to Italy. YAYYYY we have a group of 53 and 16 of us our sisters but I think only 10 of us are going to Milan Italy.
- Our district leader confirmed that I have 2-3 transfers before becoming a trainer so I have to not suck.. no pressure.
The church is true- which is quite clear to everyone here. There is no way I just learned Italian as much as I have in a week unless God knew I would be training withing the next 5 months.
Also- another random thing- I am the only one in my district without connections to Italy! Everyone else had a brother or dad that has served there OR a parent who is Italian. Basically I am the ONLY one who had to start at square 1 for learning Italian. Saaawheaaat. But not really.
Right now I am teaching a guy named Nico and he is Catholic and he is just interested in "facts" about the church but tomorrow I have my 8th lesson with him and he is giving us his answer about babtism. Hopefully he understood my question at least..... thats what i INTENDED to ask him.. hahaha Pretty much every lesson I leave wondering what the heck I said. In general he is responsive to my horrible American accent, and  he has accepted all of out commitments so the last thing on the list is babtism. YAY! If only it were real..

No comments:

Post a Comment