Wednesday, May 22, 2013


Ya know what I love? PDAYS. Emails are just the best. I mean I am happy most of the time anyway, but hearing from everyone just puts me in a I-cant-stop-singing mood.... but I guess thats pretty normal too. Haha

Mom- That is so fun you got to have lunch with Michelle and Tammy!! And I can't believe Sam and Jess are gone!!! MADNESS but I must say it is nice to feel like I am not the only one. Cody aka Elder Ridd is out on his mission too!! So I don't feel like the only one gone anymore!! I think I just got stuck in the position where I was the first one to get the boot... but now everyone!! hahaha I am also SUPER glad I am not there for that whole.... sewer issue. Nasty. Also pulling down trees and yelling doesn't seem like my scene either so I am quite happy I missed that little event. I would LOVE to see pictures of everyone else suffering though:) just kidding! haha Glad no one died. its actually quite a miricle everyone in our family is alive... and has both hands. I think Sorella Ervins mom put the pictures on her blog but I am not sure. I don't even know how to charge my camera let alone put pictures on the computer.... lol Sorry for lack of knowledge.Hand me an iPhone and I can figure it out but I cant figure out this Camera. -____- Stupid.

Alrighty so this week was awesome as usual- and its my 2 Month Mark? That seems a little weird but great! Why am I not fluent in Italian yet....... Haha Just kidding... kinda.... -___- Seriously what's my problem. Actually I finally stopped looking like a deer in the headlights when people say something to me. I usually just make up something or smile and nod... maybe throw in a few "si"s in there. Fake it till you make it right? Either that or I just start teaching about the Book of Mormon... or recite the first vision... Lol Anything to stop the awkward silence hahaha

This week we have a Babtism!! EEEPPPPP We have been teaching her about three times a week and she is just SOLID. Everything we ask her to do she does. She is 17 years old and is hilarious, super cute, super genuine, just all together awesome. She is Brazilian so she has this crazy gorgeous hair and AHH! I am just so excited for her. So yeah this Saturday that is what I will be doing! AND my companion and I get to sing with another member who is super awesome as well!!! Bytheway... I can't give out names so hopefully this doesn't seem super confusing due to the lack of names. But yeah- yay babtisms.

We also have another lady who is in her 40's who has accepted a babtisimal date for June 29! YAY!  It was super fun when she accepted- I almost burst out clapping or into the Halelujah Chorus hahaha I am so happy for her. She is so ready for it- she has accepted everything full-heartedly it's so awesome that she isn't letting anything get in her way. YAY HER!

It is amazing that people are so willing to change their lives for the truth. Because that's really what it is. I am not trying to get people to come to church, my goal is to help people figure out the truth of this life in general and once they figure it out- that we aren't a "church"- but we are a group of people living the way we should be, then it seems the commitments aren't hard anymore. There is a great quote in Preach my Gosple under the Apostasy section where it explains the lack of preisthood power and authority/ TRUTH on the earth as a condition. Like a sickness. So as members of the church we aren't different really... we are "normal" and those who have not found the truth or who don't accept/recognize the truth are in a condition. Ok so that was very poorly explained but hopefully you get the general idea Hahaha

 

Funny Story: I am trying to always throw in something humourous so I don't turn too dull. For example- my companion the other day said "Why did they missionary cross the road.............. to talk to the person on the other side" and I swear I almost died laughing. So I am worried for my well-being. Lol Also Last night Sorella Bunker and Sorella MacNamara (I have no idea how to spell her name) sang at the top of our lungs "The Prayer" by Celiene Dion because half of it is it Italian HOLLA  and we died laughing just doing interprative dance to Celiene Dion. Yikes what have I become hahahaha

Anyway tha'ts not my funny story- While on the bus this week, my companion and I sat in front of these two people and we start talking to them and a little about the Book of Mormon when this little boy who claims to be 14 (NO WAY could he be older then 12) come up to me and puts his arm around me and straight out kisses me on the cheek. So obviously I am like " Uhhhh Cio?" And I just start busting up laughing cause he said he was 14 and there was NO WAY he was so I start laughing and he gets all embarassed so he stands up a little taller and asks for a kiss... WHAT? What is  up with Italy???? So I told him I don't speak Italian.... NOT ENTIRELY a lie. So he keeps going and I said I was American and he thought my First name was Sorella (sister) and anyway it was crazy. He tryed talking to me in English and then his little friends came over and it was all downhill from there. Strangest Buss ride EVER. Moral of the Story- sit by the window so 14 year old boys don't try to kiss you OR the moral might be I look like a 14  year old myself..... yikes. Both very likely.

Well those are my stories this week! I love you all and I love hearing from you!!! Love from Italy! -Sorella Holloway

No comments:

Post a Comment