Thursday, April 18, 2013


HEY YALL!!!!! So much to tell everyone, but first off let me just tell you how homesick I am????? SHEESH i blame it on Kate I am super trunky!!!! I wish I could see her so bad so I can't wait for pics cause I am DYING. DYING PEOPLE.

Ok so I am just gunna start out with my SUPER AWKWARD story and I apologize to anyone who this offends.. suck it up. Alright since we are supposed to speak Italian pretty much all the time, we have to learn pretty quick and flash cards are just ridiculous cause you go through about 3 pads of 50 a day.... So one of the words me and my companion use a lot is excited. Why? Cause I am 19 years old and i actually am excited about pretty much everything. So my companion says Excited in class yesterday and my teacher informs us that there are 2 ways to say excited in Italian. So.... we were using the wrong one. In fact we were using the one that means "sexually aroused/excited" and NOT I am so excited to be here. SO That was fun to find out.
We have been saying this with our investigators and with real members for 2 weeks
aka
"we are so excited to be here"
"we are so excited you want to be babtised"
"we are so excited to meet you"
The list goes on and on..... You can imagine how awkward this was for us. YAY FOR TRYING TO LEARN ITALIAN BY OURSELVES!!!

On the bright side at least we learned this BEFORE italy. Fabulous

Another highlight of the week was that Richard G. Scott came to speak to us EEEPPPP!!!! It was so powerful and I was only a few rows back. He couldn't get over how many sisters and senior missionaries there were here. And he is right- girls are about 44% of the MTC so we just set a record! He was telling the elders how amazing it is that women come by choice, and that they need to respect us ahhhhhhhhh how cute is he?
Mary Edmonds also came this week and her talk was SO GREAT. Loved her too. I am so lucky to be here. In a way its like being in the temple allll the timeee. But more loud. and busy. and Hecka crowded.

Another great thing about yesterday was that I got to be a host for the new-bees coming in and yesterday we had 500 new missionaries. So I got to show 3 girls around and I felt so old cause I have been here for 4 weeks but it feels like 2 days. They weren't kidding when they said it flys by. Cause I cant believe i am flying out in less then 2 weeks?!! AHHHHHHH Ok I got my visa and no one here has had trouble getting their visa's to Italy. We got to go to the Italian Embassy so we could sign a million papers but yeah! I am good to go! I won't get my flight plans till a couple days before I think but I know I am at the airport April 30th. SO keep that day free :) I think the usual stops are in Chicago and Frankford, Germany and then Italy but I have no idea.
Ok for real I have NO TIME to email and it is actually making me really mad cause I feel like I am on my own little planet with no communication and that part SUCKS. But I love being here. I am getting everyones DearElders and I write back pretty quick so hopefully everyone is getting those even though they are lagged because of snail mail. I hope everyone is doing good- I miss everyone like CRAZY but i love my family here too. Look for my letters in the mail cause I send them out all the time.

Also can I get grandmas address? She put on her letter the Tacoma sticker which isnt exactly helpful for writing back Hahaha unless I missed something.... yikes.

I love you guys! Richard G. Scott told us that us being missionaries is the best thing we can do for our families so hopefully its working!!! hHahaha LOVE YOU!!!

Love Sorella Holloway <3

PS- I auditioned today to sing at a devotional for all 3000 misisonaries and it went really good :D!!!! More news coming in the mail

No comments:

Post a Comment